Finding Apartments for Rent in Portland, OR
Portland, Oregon is a trendy, eclectic city on the Pacific coast that attracts lovers of green living and is also a very family-friendly place. Therefore, it is no surprise that it is Oregon's most populous city. People love Portland!
You won't have any trouble finding apartments for rent in Portland. Being such a family-friendly city means that apartment communities are abundant and run the gamut in pricing, location, amenities and floor plans. You will always find a vacancy in an apartment community that meets your needs. With literally dozens of very well-kept and safe apartment communities all over the city, it won't take long before you find your new home.
Top Neighborhoods in Portland, OR
There are a lot of different neighborhoods throughout Portland, each with its own unique flavor and feel. What you prefer will depend on what you like, as well as what is in your budget for housing. While you have a lot of neighborhoods from which to choose in Portland, these are considered some of the best:
- Concordia: This is a funky, hip neighborhood that has all the things you need to stay entertained. The art culture of Portland's east side has its home here, and the neighborhood has tons of art galleries for you to explore and come to love. There is also an abundance of boutiques, coffee houses, bars, restaurants of all kinds, live local music, and just plain weird things that you won't find anywhere else. If you're into art and artistic things, you will love the Concordia neighborhood.
- Northwest: Popular with young, single people, Northwest shows it by having the highest concentration of young, single people in one place in Portland on the 2010 census. It's a great place for people just out of college to meet and mingle. And mingle they do, at the many trendy restaurants, bars and shopping venues located in this neighborhood.
- Healy Heights: One of the safest neighborhoods in Portland, this quiet, rural location on the outskirts of town reported less than one crime per 1,000 people last year. When you take into consideration the large number of local parks and open spaces and the relative safety of the area, it makes Healy Heights the perfect neighborhood for families with children. In fact, these are the most abundant residents of the entire Healy Heights neighborhood.
Cultural Attractions in Portland, OR
Portland is known for being a green city and has been given this title by numerous publications over the past few years, such as in Grist and Popular Science magazines. It was also listed as one of the 10 best places to live in the U.S.A. in 2012 by CBS MoneyWatch. As you might expect from a city with such designations, it has a lot of cultural attractions for its residents to enjoy.
Some of its cultural highlights include being home to the world's only H.P. Lovecraft film festival, the Oregon Ballet Theater, the Oregon Symphony, the Portland Opera, and several popular community theaters that put on Broadway (or off-Broadway) quality shows. There are also lots and lots of parks, public gardens and open spaces all around the city, making it a wonderful place to get outside and enjoy nature.
Shopping in Portland, OR
Portland is a hub of trendy and cool shopping. Shopping is so popular in Portland that the city even has specific districts devoted to different kinds of shopping. There is Downtown Portland, the Pearl District, Nob Hill, the Lloyd District, and Hawthorne Avenue (this one is particularly known for vintage clothing). There are also six shopping malls in Portland. In keeping with the city's commitment to green living, there is also a farmer's market on Saturdays that sells not only fresh produce, but lots of locally made artisan goods, as well. The farmer's market is open every Saturday from March through December.
Transportation in Portland, OR
Being the green town it is, Portland places a big emphasis on public transportation, and 12 percent of the city's population uses it regularly. The city bus system is operated by TriMet, and there is a light rail system called the MAX (short for Metropolitan Area Express). There is also a streetcar service that takes people around two routes in the downtown area.
In addition to being big on public transportation, Portland is also a very friendly city for walkers and bicyclists. There are lots of walking paths and bike paths to get you anywhere you want to go. Travel & Leisure Magazine ranked Portland as the top pedestrian-friendly city in the United States in 2012. It is also considered to be one of the most bicycle-friendly cities on the planet. Around 8 percent of commuters in Portland ride their bicycles to work.
The city encourages bicycling, having city-wide contests each year with prizes for the people who participate who log in the most miles of bicycling during the contest year. This encourages more and more people to use their bicycles to get to where they need to go. The popularity of public transportation, walking, and bicycling in Portland is one of the reasons it has some of the cleanest air of any metropolitan city in the world.View Apartments in Portland, Oregon
18 Photos 1 Videos1500 NE 15th Avenue Portland, OR 97232 (877) 408-3669
$1215 - $2340
- 1 - 2 Beds
- 1 - 2 Baths
Live at Access 15 & everything is at your doorstep. Enjoy onsite amenities or walk across the street for groceries, restaurants & Lloyd Center Mall. Minutes from downtown, bus lines, the MAX, I-84 and I-5, Access15 is ideally situated.
Sorry, no results were found.
Please search again using the following suggestions.
- Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly
- Search for nearby cities.
- Try using less specific search criteria.
Sorry, no results were found.
Make sure that the city and state or ZIP are entered correctly. Try using less sepcific search criteria.1 - 30
Your email has been sent.